What is PadFone by Asus
What is Asus PadFone: PadFone consists of two device one is mobile phone and the another is tablet converter station. When you insert this mobile in tablet converter station you can enjoy the features of tablet. The screen size of phone is 4.3 Inches and screen size of tablet converter station is 10.1 Inches. Cost of PadFone will be 799-1,000 American Dollars. Cost of PadFone in India ranges from 44,000 to 55,000 Indian rupee.
Asus Padfone: This will be the costly mobile phone in this year I expect. The reason for the cost is due to its hybrid model. Customers were confused whether to buy mobile phone or a tablet. They made this invention which bridges the gap between mobile phone and tablet. Padfone has both the features of tablet and phone. This is actually a mobile phone when you insert this phone in PadFone Station this can be converted to 10.1 inch tablet. So it has two device packed within one case. One is Padfone tablet and the other is Padfone smartphone.
Key specification of Asus PadFone:
- 4.3-inch display with capacity touchscreen and 540 x 960 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS and Wi-Fi connectivity were available for net access
- GPS with A-GPS support for Google Maps as it runs Android ICS
- Bluetooth with A2DP and USB 2.0 (Micro) for charging, data sync
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash and secondary camera in front
- FM radio feature is present
- 16 / 32 / 64 GB internal memory and expandable via microSD card slot up to 32GB
Launch date of PadFone will be in the year 2012. Exact date is not announced.